Polymanga is the biggest pop culture, video games and manga themed Swiss gathering. In their line of always trying to improve and offer the best program possible, Global Easter Cosplay will gather the best Cosplayers from the world in the lovely city of Montreux.
Finals date : Monday 28th March 2016 (It’s on Easter Monday : Bank holiday in France !)
Availability on site : from Saturday 26th to Tuesday 29th 2016
Pre-selections : From 1st to December 31st, 2015
Pre-selection method : Online application via e-mail
How to candidate for the pre-selection :
– Your outfit has to be totally new (never used in an other Cosplay contest)
– You have to supply a video showing the matching cosplay under multiple angles while you are wearing it and also several photos of the different outfit details. (Photo or video retouching forbidden)
– Your costume has to fall into manga & anime, european or american comics, movies & TV series, video games category. For other categories, check with the organizers.
– You need to be able to speak French or English. If not, you’ll have to come with someone able to translate for you (only the accommodation will be taken in charge for the accompanying translator)
– You have to give reference images of your cosplay character
– You have to describe, in written form, your performance that should not excede 1 min 30.
Pre-selection criteria (maximum 12 finalists):
1. Costume quality
2. Country (only one contestant per country if there are more than 12 countries left after the first selection through quality. If there are less than 12 countries left, than up to 2 contestants per country can be selected)
3. For the finals between the 12 selected contestants on Monday 28th march 2016 : The finalists will be evaluated on their costume (50%) and performance (50%).
Benefits given to the selected finalists coming to Polymanga (notification will be given by e-mail at the beginning of January) :
– Travel cost for 1 person (By train or plane on an economy fare basis with 1 suitcase included)
– Accommodation for 2 persons (Twin room)
Amongst the 12 finalists, 4 will receive a winning prize depending on their costume and performance quality on stage Monday 28th march 2016 :
– 1st jury’s Prize : 3’000 CHF
– 2nd jury’s Prize : 1’500 CHF
– 3rd jury’s Prize : 500 CHF
– Audience Prize : 1’000 CHF
Additional informations shall be given to you shortly. On your marks, fetch your needles !
Crédits photos : P&S Photography